- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
Showing the single result
Teach Skills and Break Habits: Growth Mindsets for Better Behavior in the Classroom
By Dan St. Romain
Discount pricing available for bulk orders.
$18.00 (Retails for $21.95)
Good behavior is a skill that can be taught – and developed through practice. It just requires a shift in our perspective.
If you have tried behavior folders, clip systems, or other interventions based on punishments and rewards, you’ve probably discovered these one-size-fits all approaches to behavior management all too often prove to be ineffective with the very students they were designed to help.
Teach Skills and Build Habits explores the reasons why what we’ve been doing isn’t working, and how to find a new path and process that will lead to better behavior in the classroom, as well as success for students beyond their school
This book is for you if:
- You are an educator looking for help with student behaviors
- You spend more time managing behaviors than teaching
- Your current methods don’t seem to be working
- You are looking for practical behavior strategies that can be used in a variety of settings
You will be empowered to:
- Focus on behavior change as a process of continual improvement
- Use behavior concerns as an opportunity to teach your students skills
- Help your students build on their gifts, accept their challenges, and practice areas of concern
- Build a foundation of good behavior in your students by establishing healthy relationships and creating a positive classroom climate
I’ve been in the field of education for 25 years and I’ve read many books on the subject of behavior. What makes this book different is that the information is presented in a very practical way that really helps get the point across without a lot of jargon. I love how each chapter begins with a personal story that exemplifies the idea or concept that the author is trying to convey to the reader. Another things that sets this book apart from the rest is that the author isn’t trying to get you to buy into any certain “system,” instead he has identified WHY the systems that are most commonly used aren’t working, and exactly what we, as professional educators, can do to help improve behavior in today’s classrooms. A must read for every educator or parent!
President, Pre-K Pages